Campaign Goals and Current Update
The financial breakdown for Let There Be Light Science & Technology Initiative:
$6.4 million total goal for the Science and Technology Center
$2.4 Annual Fund scholarships
$ .4 MASTER Program Needs
TOTAL GOAL: $9.2M
Total Raised: $7.2M
Before Construction of Science & Technology Center
- Old classrooms were built in 1983 and were more than 30 years behind scientific standards.
- Wheaton Academy had only one dedicated lab space for 650 students.
- Teachers were juggling curriculum with limited lab space resulting in restricted hands-on learning.
- Newly developed ideas could not be implemented due to outdated or overcrowded facilities.
After Construction of Science & Technology Center
- Dreams for advanced scientific and technological learning are now realities.
- Wheaton Academy gained six new fully equipped science classrooms, along with four additional research spaces for longer term experimentation.
- Additional 24,750 square feet is now customized to house robotics, rocketry, sophisticated research, and special interest science clubs.
- An elevator connects the lower level to the main floor offering disability access.
“The current facility is hampering creativity and imagination. Innovation takes a back seat to facility restrictions. If the facility doesn’t support what teachers and students are willing to do, pretty soon they will lose their enthusiasm.”Bob Grimm